AN ASTOUNDING $6.5 MILLION FUNDRAISING MARK OVER 9 YEARS!
Inspired to save the lives of Coachella Valley cancer patients, BIGHORN Behind a Miracle raised over $1 million this season for cancer patient support services, breast cancer diagnostic technologies and educational scholarships during their five-month long fundraising campaign. BIGHORN BAM also raised an astounding $6.5 million in fundraising in nine years.
BIGHORN BAM's fundraising dollars benefited The Pendleton Foundation and Eisenhower Medical Center. The Pendleton Foundation received $150,000 for its organization that assists cancer patients with grocery cards and assists with rent or utilities because patients are too sick to work. In addition, BIGHORN BAM has given $650,000 to Eisenhower/Novack Breast Center and BIGHORN Radiation Oncology Center for equipment and support services. The donations benefit the 25,000 cancer patients who visit the center annually.
- $5.6 million to Eisenhower Medical Center for key equipment and services including over 8,500 Round Trip Transportation rides for Radiation & Chemotherapy patients who depend on public transportation.
- BIGHORN BAM Procedure Suite including a Giotto Mammography, a combination mammography and biopsy system, and Corevision Tabletop Specimen Radiograph.
This suite allows patients to recieve excellent care all in one location.
- SIEMENS ACUSION S2000 Whole Breast 3D Ultrasound System.
- 2 New Mammogram Suites, 2 SuperSonic Imagine Aixplorer Ultrasound Systems and a Digitizer to convert x-ray films into digitized images for higher magnification studies.
- Invivo Breast Array Coil and SonoSite Portable Ultrasound Machine for advanced breast imaging.
- Specialized Suro ATEC Breast Biopsy and Excision System - modifies existing MRI to perform breast imaging/biopsy.
- CD Burner for mammography images given to patients seeing multiple doctors.
- 3 Breast Boards and Head Supports for exacting radiation and comfortable patient positioning.
- 100 Comforting Spa Robes and a Blanket Warmer for patients awaiting radiation treatment. Breast Cancer Patient Diagnosis Resource Kits and Patient Genetic Counseling services.
- 2 Digital Faxitron: rapid breast tumor specimen x-ray/analyzer during surgical excision or core biopsy procedures.
- Bone Densitometer allowing patients to have their mammogram and bone density test during the same appointment.
- Gamma Probe for sentinel lymph node localization for rapid detection of metastatic breast cancer.
- Breast Cancer Patient Diagnosis Resource Kits and Patient Genetic Counseling services.
- $570,000 given to The Pendleton Foundation to assist cancer patients’ most basic needs.
- $10,000 Educational Scholarships supporting families affected by cancer.